Thursday, July 15, 2010

Freezing Cold...

Dear Family,

Whoever said it doesn’t get cold in Paraguay lied. It is 3 degrees (Celsius) with humidity so we are pretty bundled up (as you can see from the pictures). It has been a great week though and I hope you are enjoying that nice sunny weather in Utah...or wherever you guys are. Thanks for the e-mails. I love you all and always love hearing from you. It has been a great week and a half here in Ñemby! I get to stay here with Hermana Quartino which makes me very happy! I absolutely love this area and am excited to have at least another 6 weeks here. I hope you like the pictures! The one with the braid in my hair is from this morning, the rest are from this Tuesday and our district meeting. Hope you enjoy! And yes, that is my machete (crocodile model, the 2010 edition) and yes, I use it often. I am developing quite a lovely callous on my pointer finger. Do you think I am going to have a problem bringing it home on the airplane? I hope not.

We had a few disappointments this week, as always, but we are not discouraged. Each new change gives me more ánimo and motivation. I know that we will continue to see more miracles as we are obedient and work hard. I am prepared to do so otra vez. We had interviews with President Callan this week and we both realized how quickly our time here in Paraguay is passing. I honestly couldn’t believe it! We both got kind of teary thinking about how much the Lord has blessed us in this short time in Paraguay. We are so indebted to Him for all that He gives us. Trying to "repay" Him by keeping the commandments doesn’t work because He just blesses us more. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity.

We are still trying to teach a larger quantity and greater quality of lessons. We froze a little bit, but were able to teach a few new people who seem great.


I love you all more than I can explain. I want Katie to know too that I love her and am so excited for her to be a member of our family. I have never seen a happier Kris, not even on opening a Wii on Christmas morning. I fully support you two and can´t wait to get to know you better! All my love also to the Gilbert´s, Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, etc.

LOVE YOU!!!!

Hermana Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment