Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love To See The Temple

It has been quite an eventful week here in Oviedo! We have been all over the map. We didn’t get a p-day this week because we went to the temple all day yesterday, but we got permission to do our email. Sorry for not writing on Monday! They didn’t let us know until last minute.
I just barely got all your letters and I received the 2 packages. Thank you so much mom and Aunt Sheri!
So, Ciudad del Este was really fun. We woke up at 2am to take a bus at 3am. We got there at like 6:30-7:00 am and ate breakfast at a grocery store. The conference was so great! We talked a lot about being better teachers of the gospel. I learned a ton and we practiced teaching a lot. As always, there are so many things that I take away from the conferences that I can apply here in my area. We left at about 4:30pm for the terminal and got back on the bus at 6:00pm. It was a long day, but we got home and went to bed around ten thirty.
The work here has been going well. It’s always a little hard to lose a day but we had two investigators in church this week and are still working really hard with this family. We taught them do a companionship inventory with each other and it was very interesting but actually helped a ton! I never thought I would have to play the role of a marriage counselor (haha), but it has been an incredible learning experience. Oh yeah, did I tell you the three sisters got baptized? They wrote me letters and I was so happy for them.
Yesterday we got to go to the temple. ¡Por fin! ¡Que alegría! We had to take the bus at 4:00am this time and then took pictures outside of the temple and waited for our session to start. Wow, it was just amazing. It really put things in perspective for me again about what the eternal goal is of our work here as members and missionaries. I love it! At the end, Herman Redmond and I got to sit and ponder for a while after everyone left. I have never felt so much happiness in my life. The first thing that I thought about was that I was so grateful for our eternal family and that we have been sealed together forever by the proper Priesthood authority.

Have a wonderful week and thanks for everything!!!!

Love,
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment