Thursday, January 28, 2010

My new area...

Hello family!
Well, I had changes! Sadly, I had to leave behind barrio Amambay, Hermana Jara, the little girls, and the other family that we´re teaching. I was sad to leave them but am excited to start my new change here!
My area: All of the areas that the hermanas are in are in Asuncion. They usually don´t send the sisters out in the middle of nowhere. There is only one area for the sisters that is Coronel Oviedo. And here I am! Out in the middle of nowhere! There are 5 branches that surround the city. Each branch has a little part of the city and than all the fields behind it. I was kind of scared at first (of spiders and tigers and stuff) but I am absolutely in love with this place! Oh my word, it is gorgeous! Everyone just has motorcycles and it is so tranquilo. A lot different from Asuncion. The people are so nice and we are praying for a lot of success and growth here in the branch.
My new comp: Hermana Redmond from Eagle, Idaho. She is so great and so spiritual! However, it is her last change here in the mission. Alas, I will send off another. She is already such a great example to me and I know that I will learn a lot from her.
We are in a branch of about 50-60 active members. We met some the members last night at the ward activity night and they are so great and seem enthusiastic about the work. It will be a lot different but I am excited for the challenge. Luckily, we are in the final months of summer here. It´s about time! It has been an oven here and the roads here are all red dirt and burn you. Hopefully it will start to cool
off a little here soon as we enter autumn.
How lucky our family has been to know church members from all over the world. I can tell you again from experience that the feelings here in Asuncion and Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay are the exact same as they are
there in Utah, France, and all other parts of the world. I love the universality of the church. It really is a message for all lives, tongues, and races. Speaking of tongues...I am going to be able to learn a little more Guarani. I’m way excited. I hope all of you are doing well.
Luckily, we still get letters every week! So I hope you will send me some. Thank you for all that you do! Tell grandma Barbara that I ate guava jelly in her honor this week.
Just want you all to know how much my mission means to me. I am so grateful to be here and am honestly having the time of my life. I love being a missionary and will honestly thank my Heavenly Father the rest of my life for the blessings that I am receiving for being a missionary. He has given me so much. I am so grateful for the testimony that my Father in Heaven has given me about the Book of Mormon. It has changed my life. I love Joseph Smith so much and I know that
President Monson is a prophet of God,that all 15 of those men are prophets, seers, and revelators. I love you family! Keep your good examples. Moroni 8:3.
Tell all my friends and all of the family hello for me.
Have a great week!
Love,
Rae

1 comment:

  1. I miss my sister. She is so great though! I'm glad she is so happy and such a great missionary! Love you Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete